Bruce Willakers is a Major Hero with a kit that revolves around having better versions of normal dwarves' equipment to the point of complete monster destruction. He also frequently makes callouts about the Special Monsters that spawn and other useful general information.
Bruce Willakers is a dwarven general cursed to repeat the final days of his civilization, doomed to see his people die over and over, just to return to the beginning of those days once again. One of the oldest and strongest of his race, Bruce is bold and authoritative, ignoring even the Dwarven Council's authority in order to take charge and fight back against the curse he cannot hope to escape. Though every battle is lost Bruce refuses to give up, taking each fight as if it were his last.
In addition to the standard Major Hero kit, Bruce also recieves the golden sword Excaliju, a bow made from his dead wife: Virendra, and the Horn of the Buffalo.
Broken and reforged over a thousand times, a sword made of gold is said to be weaker than typical runeblades, but the Old Man claims he just wants to give the monsters a better chance. Personally, I think he's straight bonkers.
- Excaliju is a gold sword which radiates Bruce's rampages in all directions. With a 4.5 second rampage signified by gold particles instead of green, Bruce can also, upon killing a monster, kill 5 monsters in a 1 block radius around himself.
- Right clicking Bruce can also use Excaliju to block 50% of all incoming damage and simply holding it gives him Knockback Resistance, which is useful if his Dwarven Hero Helmet has broken.
The men tell me that ever since I started using it my shots became more accurate, more powerful. But the truth is when I draw this bow, when I hold her in my hands, all I feel is her love for me and my hate for myself.
- Made from Bruce's dead wife, Virendra possesses Punch X and has 1.5x the damage of a normal Dwarven Shortbow.
- Virendra is however subject to the same rules as Dwarven Shortbows, meaning that under a roof it will deal 70% less damage and within 5 blocks will deal 100% less damage.
- An additional capability is that if Bruce fires an arrow with Virendra and switches to Excaliju before the arrow kills its target, Bruce will gain a rampage.
Horn of the Buffalo
Sometimes the men just need a good horn to get their blood flowing Roamin!
- Left click blows this horn to invigorate all dwarves on the battlefield, giving them a 10 second special rampage with Speed III and Haste I after a short 2 second delay. This rampage however will be overridden upon rolling it, replacing its special buffs with that of the normal rampage.
- The cooldown for the horn is dependent on the number of dwarves alive times 6, with a minimum of 60 seconds. Meaning the more dwarves that die, the more the horn can be used.
- Right clicking Bruce can also use the horn to block 50% of all incoming damage.
Tips as Bruce
- During build phase Bruce has a lot of spare time due to spawning with much of the supplies he needs, thus he can spend his time building or mining gold, doing actions to support the dwarves as a whole. His horn gives Speed III and Haste I as well which is useful in helping other dwarves collect stone and gold, so blowing it often is recommended.
- Bruce's ability to mow through monster hordes is unmatched. Every time he kills a monster, another 5 can die around him. This should be noted when other dwarves are starting to get rampages, as being around them could cause them to be unable to do so. Bruce can stand at the very front lines will little repercussion, so he should probably stick to doing so.
- When using Virendra, anticipating where the Punch X will send the monster after the first shot and firing there can allow Bruce to hit a monster with two shots in quick succession.
- Virendra doesn't strictly need to be used to kill monsters alone. Since she has Punch X, using her to knock back monsters out of melee range is useful, and when able to kill monsters switching to Excaliju to get an instant rampage is particularly powerful.
- Using the Horn of the Buffalo is an easy way to get many dwarves out of trouble fast. When fighting Wolves or Venomburners at night, or Iron Golems at any time, using the horn can help dwarves make swift work of them. It should be noted however that not using the horn for extended periods of time can be wasteful, so it should be used timely, but not without reason.