What we store
While playing on The Gazebo we collect various information to ensure that we are able to run the server and community as smoothly as possible. This document is to inform you, the user, of what data we store and what is shared to other servers.
During your use of our services, additional data may be collected and processed by third parties including Microsoft and Discord. We do not have any access to or control over this data, and recommend reviewing their respective privacy policies to ensure you understand how your data is being used.
All data is retained for as long as necessary in line with its intended purpose. Some of this data can be deleted sooner on request, though this may limit your use of our services.
Data We Collect - Minecraft
- Information regarding your username or UUID, IP address, and your server activity. This information is logged for technical reasons necessary to the operation of the server, and also used for moderation purposes.
- Information you send, including chat messages, commands and direct messages. This information is logged for technical reasons necessary to the operation of the server, and and also used for moderation and support purposes.
- Information regarding moderation actions, including warns, mutes, kicks and bans connected to your Minecraft account in relation to our server. This information is used to protect the server and ensure the safety of our players.
Data We Collect - Discord
Your message activity on our Discord server is logged and stored for seven days for the purpose of moderation and to prevent abuse. This is separate from data held directly by Discord and includes messages sent, edited and deleted. This information is automatically removed after seven days - note that this does not affect data still held by Discord (for example, posts you make and do not delete).
What we share with others
We may share limited moderation information with other servers (for example, ban history associated with a Minecraft username or UUID) if we feel there is a public interest in doing so. We will not share IP addresses but may share information about other Minecraft accounts you have used on our server.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access. You have the right to ask us for copies of the personal information we hold about you.
- Your right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you which you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to object. At any point, you may object to our processing of your personal information on certain grounds.
- Your right to data portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer information you gave us, in certain circumstances.
We apply this policy equally to all users, including those not covered by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please contact us here if you wish to make a request.